Dental Emergency Assistance
At Philadelphia Dental Associates, emergency dental care is our priority. With a team of dentists and appointment flexibility, you will get the care you need when you need it most. Our office hours allow us to attend to patients on the same day as their dental emergency.
If you are dealing with tooth pain, swelling, or bleeding in the mouth, it is very important to contact Philadelphia Dental Associates as soon as possible.
What to Expect on Your Emergency Dental Visit
During an emergency dental appointment, we will take x-rays of the concerned area and conduct an examination. We will determine the best course of treatment for you, and perform the necessary dental care. Your dentist may also prescribe you antibiotics and pain medicine as needed to alleviate your pain.
Find Emergency Dental Care
Are you experiencing a dental emergency? After calling our office, here’s what you can do:
- Knocked-out permanent teeth. Keep the area as moist as you can, and try placing the tooth back in the socket without touching the root. Otherwise, place it between cheek and gums- with milk if possible- to help preserve it.
- Cracked teeth. Rinse your mouth with warm water immediately to clean the area. Put a cold compress on the outside of your cheek to minimize swelling.
- Bitten tongue or lip. Rinse your mouth with water to clean the area and apply a cold compress.
- Toothaches. Clean your mouth with warm water and gently use dental floss to remove food caught between teeth.
- Objects stuck in mouth. Try removing gently with floss. Do not use sharp or pointed objects.